PatioShoppers Recipe for a Perfectly Clean Patio
Click play below for maintenance tips.
Click play below for wind resistant umbrella info.
It is imperative to regularly clean and maintain your furniture to extend its useful life; In particular, you must remove sunscreens, suntan lotions, body sweat, and others elements from your sling and strap materials that can prematurely deteriorate in the sun from the use of these types of products and debris.
We recommend using this method of cleaning to extend the useful life of your furniture, including sling, strap, resin, faux wicker, aluminum and units with cushions.
You should perform these duties as often as possible. Weekly or monthly is best depending on climate and use. However, 4 times per year minimum!
- Plastic 5 Gallon Bucket
- Dawn Dish Soap
- Hoseline attached to a source with good water pressure
- Soft bristle hand scrub brush, or soft brush on a broom handle
Note: We recommend Dawn detergent because it cleans well, is safe for the environment, will not harm pets, animals or landscaping.
- Always start by removing any obvious loose dirt and debris with the brush.
- Mix 1/4 cup of Dawn soap in a five-gallon bucket of water.
- Wet the item down with the hose equipped with a standard pressure spray nozzle.
- Dip the brush in the soap mixture and scrub as lightly as possible to achieve the desired level of cleanliness.
- Let the product dwell on the furniture for a few minutes to loosen grease by-products such as suntan lotions, sunscreen, body sweat, etc.
- Rinse away the soap completely and allow the item to air dry.
It's that easy!
IMPORTANT: Never use a High-Pressure Washer to spray the units. The water pressure of these types of equipment can remove powder coating/paint and damage sling & strap materials.
For heavy stains or build-up of oils and tanning lotions, you can increase the
Concentration of Dawn to ½ cup per gallon of water, and add ½ cup of white vinegar. For very stubborn stains that do not respond to these methods, contact us directly and we will help. Do not use any chemicals or agents beyond what is recommended or you may void the warranty!
Patioshoppers.com - Commercial Patio Furnishings and Umbrella Experts - 951-696-1700