Q. How efficient are Dimplex fireplaces and stoves?
A. Dimplex fireplaces and stoves are 100% efficient. All of the energy supplied to the unit is converted into heat, which stays in the room to keep you warm. Many gas fireplaces advertise 70-80% efficiency. This means that 20-30% of the energy supplied to the units is vented outside.
 

 
Q. Are they expensive to operate?
A.   No! Dimplex fireplaces and stoves operate for pennies a day. The flame uses slightly under 300 Watts of power. With an average electricity rate, the unit operates for a remarkable 3¢/hr providing all the warmth, ambiance and romance of a fireplace. When you choose to activate the heat feature along with the flame, the unit uses approxiametly 1500 Watts. The total cost to operate the flame and heater is approximately 8¢/hr* (gas fireplace manufacturers regularly advertise running costs of 17¢/hr)! *Electricity rates vary. 8¢/hr based on heater cycling at 50%. Operation Cost Calculator 
 

 
Q. Can a Dimplex fireplace or stove be easily relocated?
A. Yes! Unlike gas fireplaces, which require venting fuel pipelines, a Dimplex fireplace or stove just needs to be unplugged! When you need a change you can move it to a different room and when you move to a new home you can take your investment with you!
 

 
Q. Will a Dimplex fireplace or stove provide warmth and comfort in any room - large or small?
A.
Dimplex fireplaces and stoves distribute a warm, gentle, even heat over a wide area by means of a silent fan-forced heater. It will produce about 5115 BTU of total heat.* So, working in conjuction with the home's primary heating system, the Dimplex fireplaces and stove is capable of taking the chill off just about any size room when required. *Most gas fireplaces produce over 20,000 BTU of heat in a single room while the average size home requires only 90,000 BTU to heat the entire house.
 

 
Q. The flame looks so real. How does it work?
A.
Dimplex has developed a patented technology which provides a realistic, wood-burning flame. 
 

 
Q. Will the Dimplex flame operate without heat?
A.
Yes! The Dimplex flame and heater operate independently of each other. This means you can enjoy the ambiance of of a realistic flame all year round!In many gas units, the flame cycles off as the room temperature rises and you lose the flame effect until the room cools down again. In smaller rooms, gas fireplaces can be off a lot of the time and in the warmer climates they may not come on at all unless the thermostat is set higher than the room temperature.
 

 
Q. Can the flame be adjusted?
A. Yes. Dimplex fireplaces and stoves have controls that allow you to adjust the background light and speed of the flame to create an ambiance to suit any mood.
 

 
Q. Will the Dimplex fireplace insert fit into my existing fireplace opening?
A.
The Dimplex fireplace insert is designed to fit just about any fireplace opening with ease.
 

 
Q. Can I set it up myself?
A.
Yes! Just take it home and plug it in! Dimplex fireplaces or stoves plug into any standard 120-volt outlet and do not require a dedicated circuit. It's as easy as plugging in a lamp! In addition, a Dimplex fireplace or stove does not require any venting pipelines for fuel or expensive professional reconstruction to your home. Whether a Dimplex fireplace or stove is being installed into one of our many attractive mantels or into an existing fireplace opening, installation is fast and easy!
 

 
Q. Can I put a Dimplex fireplace or stove outside?
A.
Yes! Only Dimplex outdoor electric fireplaces and stoves are completely weatherproof, allowing for year-round enjoyment. Add a charming focal point to your outdoor living area in just minutes with a Dimplex outdoor electric fireplace.
 

 
Q. Where can I put a Dimplex fireplace or stove?
A.
You can put a Dimplex fireplace or stove in just about any indoor area as long as it is clean and dry. Whether you want to add ambiance to your living room, family room, bedroom, kitchen, foyer or dining room, as long as there's an outlet, there's no problem! Dimplex fireplaces are perfect for single family homes, condominiums, apartments, mobile homes or cottages.
 

 
Q. Is it safe?
A.
Dimplex fireplaces and stoves have full electrical certification throughout North America for complete peace of mind. To ensure the safety of your family members, no combustible energy sources are used to produce the flame. This means that you never need to worry about oxygen depletion or carbon monoxide poisoning in your home. The glass remains cool to the touch to ensure children don't burn their hands on the glass. It also does not contribute to indoor moisture or mold concerns. Other features include impact resistant safety glass and safety cut out with reset controls.
 

Q. Is it easy to maintain?
A.
Yes. Every 2 to 3 years the light bulbs, readily available at any hardware store, will need to be replaced. You will be able to do this easily yourself. Most other fireplaces require ongoing, costly maintenance, which must be performed by qualified service technicians.